Customize Exchange 2016 Outlook on the Web Sign in Page
Outlook on the web (formerly known as Outlook Web App or Outlook Web Access) is a browser-based exchange client that let you access your mailbox from almost any web browser supported by Microsoft Exchange. Once you’ve installed Exchange 2016 in your organization, one of the optional step that you might want to perform is to customize Exchange 2016 Outlook on the Web Sign in Page to provide a corporate look and feel to the end users. In this blog post, we’re going to customize the Outlook on the Web Sign in page for our users.
What we can Customize?
One of the question that you can think is “What we can customize” in outlook on the web client? Microsoft gives you the option to customize the following sign in page for your organization.
- Sign in Page Customization
- Error Page Customization
You can customize the color and images of these pages. These pages are based on CSS files in your exchange installed directories. Once you modify the CSS file for these pages it will be reflected to the users in the organization.
Make sure you back up before customizing the outlook on the web pages.
How to Customize Exchange 2016 Outlook on the Web?
To customize exchange 2016 outlook on the web sign in page, follow the following steps.
- Login to Exchange 2016 Server as an administrator
- Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\FrontEnd\HttpProxy\owa\auth\15.1.396\themes\resources”. In my case exchange is installed on C Drive. You can also navigate this path from IIS as shown below.
If you have multiple Exchange Servers then you must copy the modified files to each server.
- Modify or replace the owa_Text_Blue.png, Olk_logo_White.png and favicon_ico images as per your company requirements.
- Make sure that you match the size of the image. Replace the updated images with the existing one and reload the OWA page.
- Below is the updated OWA page. I’ve modified the 2 images.