Auto Attendant and Call Queue for Skype for Business in Office 365
Auto Attendant and Call Queue
Office 365 Auto attendant and Call Queue in Skype for Business Online for Cloud PBX include greetings that are used when someone calls into a phone number for your organization. Call Queues route incoming calls to the next available live attendant using first in first out protocol. You can create a single or multiple call queues for your organization.
Ability to automatically put the calls on hold and search for the next available call agent to handle the call while the people who call are listening to music on hold.
Auto Attendant is an automated system to answer and route inbound calls using dial pad inputs and speech recognition. Auto Attendant prompts can be made from uploaded pre-recorded material or using text-to-speech in 27 languages. Microsoft announced that Skype for Business Online now has Call Queue and Auto Attendant functionality for general availability, which has been long anticipated for organizations looking to expand their current Cloud PBX solution or others that have been hesitant to migrate to Skype for Business Online until that functionality is available.
Customization of Call Queues is not identical to Skype for Business 2015 on-premises server.
Call Queues provide automated call distribution for incoming calls, often paired with Auto Attendants, Call Queues can have custom corporate greetings and hold music for inbound calls.
Call Queues can accept up to 200 calls per instance and queues up calls to be serviced.
Setting up Auto Attendant
- Login to Office 365 Admin Center
- Navigate to Admin > Admin Centers > Skype for Business.
- Navigate to Call Routing > Auto Attendants and click on Add New.
- Provide the Name, Phone number, time zone, Domain, Language and operator information. Click Save to create an auto attendant.
After you have saved your auto attendant, it will be listed on the Auto attendants page. This will allow you to quickly see some of the options that you have set up, including the name, phone number, language and status. You can also quickly place a test call to your auto attendant by using Test button in the side panel.
Setting up Call Queue
Setting up call queue requires you to fulfill the following prerequisites:
- Create Agent Group: Create a security group or distribution group and add the agents.
- Create Service Numbers.
- Create Greeting.
- Determine Limits: Max concurrent calls and waiting time.
- Overflow Option: Route to call queue, Auto Attendant, agent or disconnect call.
Once we have the prerequisites met, we can configure the queue. To configure a call queue in Office 365, you are required to perform the following steps.
- Login to Office 365 admin center.
- Navigate to Admins > Admin Centers > Skype for Business.
- Click Call Routing and select Call Queues tab.
- Click on “+ Add New” to create a new call queue.
- Set the Call Queue Name, Phone Number, Domain, greeting and other required parameters and Click Save to create a Call Queue.
You can also use Windows PowerShell to create and set up call queues. Below are the cmdlets that you need to manage a call queue