Add Custom Domain in Intune
Microsoft Intune is leverging Azure Active Directory on the backend for user and domain management like Office 365. Azure Active Directory comes with a built-in domain name in the form of Name.onmicrosoft.com that allows you to get started using Microsoft services.
As companies are looking towards Intune for their Mobile Device and App Management solution. Microsoft gives you the ability to add your own custom domain with Intune to simplify the sign-in experience for end user with cloud services. It’s recommended to use a custom domain name with Azure Active Directory if you’re using Microsoft cloud services like Intune, Office 365 or Azure.
Follow the following steps to add custom domain in Intune tenant.
As of this time Intune Account Portal is merging with Office 365. Probably after 6 months down the road this most may or may not be valid
- Login using your admin credentials when you spun up the Intune tenant. If you do not have a trial tenant, you can setup one using the steps mentioned here
- Click on Domains to add a custom domain
- Under Domains, Click on Add a Domain
- Enter the name of your customer domain and click on Next
Registering a domain need only be set up once for Microsoft Online services. If your organization is already using Microsoft some other Microsoft Online Service, then your organization’s registered domain may be ready for use with Microsoft Intune. If you register a domain for Microsoft Intune, then it will be available for your other Microsoft Online services.
- On next page, you’ll be asked to verify the ownership of your domain by entering a TXT record in your public DNS registrar
- Once the record is added in public DNS, Click on Verify button on Domain Verification page
- Once the domain is verified, Click on Next page to finish the process.